The use of high quality images in online magazines is essential and has many benefits. WP-Magazines supports all common image types (JPEG, TIFF & PNG).
WP-Magazines offers several ways of using images. There are three options:
- An image as background in a row or column.
- An image as a component in a row or column.
- An image in a text area. See also the page ‘Text Editor‘ page.
When using a background image, make sure that the image has the correct dimensions. WP-Magazines tries to display the image in the best possible way.
[accordion_block title=”1. An image as background”]
Use an image as background when you want to place a text on top of the image. Open the properties of a column or row and follow these steps::
- Click on the button ‘Background Image‘
- Select or upload an image
- Click on the button ‘Set Image‘ >
[accordion_block title=”2. An image as a component”]
To place a picture in a row or in a column, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Add Element” button in the Visual Composer Bar and select ‘Singel Image’ or click the ‘+’ button in a row or column. The following window appears:
- Click on the button ‘+‘ to select or upload an image.
- You may select an animation under ‘CSS Animation‘.
- If you check the ‘Hide for mobile‘ option, the corresponding image will be hidden when viewed on a smartphone.
- Click ‘Save‘ to save the changes or ‘Cancel‘ to cancel.
An image as a component has dynamic dimensions. It’s possible that parts of the image are automatically cut off.
[accordion_block title=”3. An image in a text area”]
Sometimes it is necessary to place an image into a text area. For example if you have a special design of a button. Images in a text area will never be cut but will be resized if they’re too big.
Check the ‘Text Editor‘ page to see how to insert an image into a text field.